The bold move of demonetization to eradicate black money by Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, since 8 November 2016, has definitely shaken many financial sectors including the food industry. Many businesses which primarily function on liquid cash have been deeply affected by the decision.
Not only businessmen but laymen are suffering due to insufficient resources to fall back on. Demonetization has resulted in never ending long queues outside banks and ATMs, wasting energy and time.
We, at Café Choco Craze, believe that although of inconvenience now, this decision is going to have long-term benefits in restructuring Indian economy. We do understand that it is frustrating to stand in queues for a meager amount of cash, which does not even support an individual’s week’s expenses.
To ease your suffering and delight you with our delicious variety of chocolates and milkshakes, which dieticians say are great for health, we have started cashless transactions in many of our franchises. We are slowly transforming into cashless stores now, the process has already begun. As you already know, we offer the best of chocolate at affordable prices – the best being Chocolick B and Chocolick M.
There are several ways in which we accept bills. These are the same methods we use for the franchise business. If you are still not aware of how this works, here is a briefing –
1. Cash – This is the traditional way of bill payment. Since there is a cash crunch in the country, we understand that if you walk into our store without even your wallet. If you want to spend cash* on the menu, you are welcome.
*Caution: Please no Rs. 2000 notes for a bill of less than Rs. 200. We have our limitations.
2. Card Payment – This is the standard VISA, Master Card or Maestro Card payment using a point of sale (POS) card swiping device. In many of our franchisees, we have a POS device.
3. Mobile Wallet – We don’t mind if you walk into our store, have the chocolate of your choice, and simply transfer money through a mobile wallet. Many of our franchise managers have mobile wallets on their smartphones. The most popular wallets are Paytm followed by freecharge and MobiKwik.
We request you to follow these simplest steps to ensure a great payment experience at our franchises –
1. When you walk into any of our franchise, request payment information beforehand, even if you see VISA or Paytm stickers in the store. Sometimes there could be trouble connecting to the internet server.
2. Do not worry, card payment at Café Choco Craze franchises is totally secure.
3. Please wait your turn for payment if there is a crowd. As Mr. Modi says, patience is the key to fighting black money; think that you are doing your bit by keeping calm and waiting in the queue.
4. Do remember to collect customer copy of the bill for your record.
We hope next time you have a great payment experience at Café Choco Craze.